What Laboratory Professionals Need to Know About Blood-Borne Pathogens (by CACMLE) (Online Course)
See all available courses »
Continuing Education Credits
- Describe the role of OSHA in protecting medical workers.
- Outline the requirements of an exposure control plan.
- Define blood-borne pathogens and give two examples.
- Compare and contrast HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C in terms of infectivity, risk to healthcare workers, and disease prevention.
- Describe Standard Precautions for healthcare workers.
- Given a contaminated sample, select the appropriate disposal method.
- Discuss the policies and procedures related to the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and handwashing.
- Discuss when an accident or incident report should be filed.