The page below is a sample from the MediaLab course, Phlebotomy
Learn about Compliance & CE courses available for clinical laboratories
and individual medical technologists
- Numerous types of proteins are dispersed in the plasma. These include:
- Coagulation proteins (blood clotting factors), which, if activated, will form a blood clot , and
- Serum proteins, which are left dispersed in liquid after the clot is formed. Serum proteins include:
- Albumin, a marker of nutrition, and
- Globulins, or antibodies.